Thursday, July 1, 2010

The First Few Days

The must-know day one started with a three hour long car ride to the promising Manuel Antonio Park, and I have to say, it was worth it. Unlike the usual greeting from people, we were told hello by two-toed sloths, monkeys, and crocodiles. I think that’s a pretty decent start.

As the filming began, as we were hard at work, as we tried not to get bitten by ants and mosquitoes, we were beginning a long two week journey of discovery. Day two eventually came and let’s just say surfing is not my forte and neither is it for our surf instructors… The day started out plain and simple, but with our group involved, ended a little off track, but great memories nonetheless.

Only four days have passed and I’ve met so many different and unique people and from each one, I have learned so much. From the people at Manuel Antonio Park to our own amazing guide Fernando, I have gained so much already. The scenery here is beyond incredible and still can’t get over it. I must say my Spanish is improving and my accent isn’t too bad. I’ve decided that Costa Rica is the home of the best piƱa and the nicest people. Minus humidity and muchos insectos, this trip is definitely out of the ordinary and exciting. There is no doubt that there is more to come.

~ Kavita Myneni

No comments:

Post a Comment